Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Time flies when you're having fun




Fausto and Mrs. Fausto have been married 20 years today.

I wandered today to the hill, Maggie,
To watch the scene below -
The creek and the creaking old mill, Maggie,
As we used to, long, long ago.
The green grove is gone from the hill, Maggie,
Where first the daisies sprung;
The creaking old mill is still, Maggie,
Since you and I were young.

They say that I'm feeble with age, Maggie,
My steps are less sprightly than then,
My face is a well-written page, Maggie,
And time alone was the pen.
They say we are agèd and grey, Maggie,
As sprays by the white breakers flung,
But to me you're as fair as you were, Maggie,
When you and I were young.


-- George Johnson

4 Comments:

At June 13, 2007 at 6:17:00 PM EDT, Blogger Chalicechick said...

Awww...

 
At June 13, 2007 at 7:56:00 PM EDT, Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

Congratulations! Now you are 1/3 of the way there! =)

 
At June 16, 2007 at 1:43:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary !

 
At June 17, 2007 at 1:46:00 PM EDT, Blogger PeaceBang said...

Many happy returns!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home