Friday, May 11, 2007

Don't you just love New Blogger?



Over the last several years, life at work has afforded me enough slow moments to be able to jump onto the mighty tubes of the Internets reasonably frequently and post threads here or comments on other blogs there as the opportunities arose.

This year, though, the pace of work has picked up and those moments have been less frequent.

But that's not all that's changed. Google also bought Blogger, the free site that hosts the Socinian and many other UU blogs. Which was fine until the supposedly improved New Blogger made me re-set my old, but perfectly functional, username to my e-mail address. Apparently there was some problem with my login procedure or my password or something, because suddenly I was no longer able to post anything here or on any other Blogger-hosted site. It would recognize me as a user all right, but then when I went to send my post, back would come an error message. Not only were my posts being blocked, but the comments I had so carefully typed with all their fussy HTML codes and links and such into the little entry boxes just vanished as well; and not only here, but whenever I tried to contribute to a thread on any other Blogger-hosted sites as well. And I coudn't re-set my account from my office computer, because New Blogger recognizes only my home e-mail address.

@#$%&!!! If Famous UU John Murray had lived in an era of electronic services, I do believe he would have preserved a place in his theology for reprobation. Without a doubt, he would have preserved a place in his vocabulary for colorful language describing same.

Anyway, I both woke up unusually early and remembered my New Blogger problem this morning (a coincidence so rare as to count as a genuine supernatural miracle, if you are inclined to think in those terms), so I fired up the home computer and re-set my account and hopefully am off to a new start. Somewhat tardy, but still within spitting distance of May Day and Easter and all that, so I'll draw an ooh-wow analogy and credit all that religious vernal renewal and regeneration stuff for breaking my logjam. If it had gone as I had hoped, this would have happened many weeks ago, so "not my will, but Thy Will, be done".

3 Comments:

At May 11, 2007 at 9:25:00 AM EDT, Blogger Chalicechick said...

The new blogger is suboptimal.

But I'm glad you're back.

The internet is a more fun place when Fausto is around.

Who else says things like this:
@#$%&!!! If Famous UU John Murray had lived in an era of electronic services, I do believe he would have preserved a place in his theology for reprobation. Without a doubt, he would have preserved a place in his vocabulary for colorful language describing same.


CC
who admittedly has gotten a truly delightful email or two, but seh still likes it when Fausto blogs.

 
At May 13, 2007 at 5:35:00 PM EDT, Blogger PeaceBang said...

Hey! I JUST wrote you an e-mail asking where ya been, and now I know!

I had the same crap with Blogger, made more messy for having two blogs and a new gmail account and... aw hell, I won't bore ya.

Glad you're back.

 
At May 14, 2007 at 7:23:00 AM EDT, Blogger fausto said...

Not sure I've solved the problem yet. Tried to post on ChaliceBlog again and it still won't accept the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home