Saturday, July 23, 2005

Bikini Weather

It's hot, and the earnest Christians on Beliefnet.com are earnestly debating whether bikinis are sinful. Authorities on the subject, if the debaters are to be believed, include the Bible, Martin Luther, and Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

It's all rather amusing. Click here to see, if you don't have anything more worthwhile to do.

(And if you do click the link to see, you're proving your UU-ness. You know the old joke, about how we would rather go to a discussion about heaven...)

3 Comments:

At July 23, 2005 at 8:07:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link, I needed that! I wonder if a contemporary, salon-styled hair-do is sinful?

 
At July 26, 2005 at 1:02:00 PM EDT, Blogger PeaceBang said...

How timely! I just got in from sunning myself in the back yard, not wearing much.

I'm a fat girl who occasionally puts on a two-piece bathing suit for the simple reason that I believe sun and air are good for the skin, and the winters are long and hard around here. I was walking thus clad on the beach today and thinking, "THIS is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!! Especially with our chubby selves out in the fresh salt air!"

Of course if a congregant had come along I would have dived directly into the frigid ocean.

 
At July 26, 2005 at 3:46:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say Fausto deserves an award for several years of active participation on B'net without losing his sanity. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home