Friday, April 22, 2005

If the Papal Conclave were held in Florida

Received the following press release by e-mail today, which I reproduce here without comment:


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

George W. Bush Elected Pope!
Catholic Cardinals Stunned!

Reported by Willie E. Davis


The almost 120 Cardinals from around the world that gathered to choose a successor in the Vatican's Sistine Chapel were stunned and expressed amazement. Cardinal Mohoney the Vatican spokesperson had this to say:" We in the conclave are all shocked. We cast our votes using these new electronic voting machines. The results overwhelmingly favored George W. Bush over all the Catholic candidates. The last Pope, John Paul, was a superb linguist, fluently speaking 11 languages; this one can't speak fluently in one language. We just don't know what to say."

The White House has announced that Dick Cheney will assume command as President of the World tomorrow morning, when "W" travels to Rome to begin his duties as Pope. George W. Bush had this to say moments ago as he spoke from the Rose
Garden:

"I am honored to be the spiritual lighthouse, and the first War Pope. I promise Evangelical Catho-licks and Prostates alike that I will be embodied in salvation and fair in the performance of my duties. I am a Unitifier, not a Divide-a-cater. I am obliged to try to save as many lost souls as I can, at least the Devout Wealthy Elite Souls, as it is well known that Heaven is a very select place, indeed, it is more exclusive than even the best of country clubs. It is a members-only Heaven. I may have to put a fence around it. I will preform miracles in a fair and balanced manner. Just as God used to wipe out entire races of people without warning, burning whole towns of perverts, killing off entire nations, and drowning everybody without a ticket to board Noah's Ark, I shall deliver the world from Evil Empires as I unleash the Apocalypse Wrath of Revelations. I will ensure the Rapture and the Reunion with our beloved deceased family members and with our departed purebred pets. I will not allow those awful Liberal Sissy Homosapiens to marry each other and I will put and end to the Clergy marrying Choirboys. I will lead the Crusades against all them towel-headed heathens demon-possessed voodoo-hoodoo barbarians whose Pseudo-religions that don't except Christ as the Light of Democracy, and who worship fake, made-up gods. They shall, they shall suffer my Godly Conservative Wrath and I will Destroy them with my Cherubic Armies of Angels and they shall burn for eternity in Hell, because Me and God don't take no prisoners!"

6 Comments:

At April 23, 2005 at 12:01:00 AM EDT, Blogger Chalicechick said...

Meh.

You bumped Jeremiah down for this?

CC

 
At April 23, 2005 at 6:29:00 AM EDT, Blogger fausto said...

Gee, I thought it was another riff on the same general theme.

Are you suggesting that prophetic witness just isn't as effective when it tries to rely on humor and irony to emphasize its point, rather than Biblical references?

If so, you're right, of course.

 
At April 23, 2005 at 4:33:00 PM EDT, Blogger Chalicechick said...

To use good Biblical references (and engaging writing) on one side and lame humor on the other stacks the deck unfairly, methinks.

CC

 
At April 23, 2005 at 5:52:00 PM EDT, Blogger fausto said...

Indeed so.

And Unitarians have always held that Jesus saves by his example.

 
At April 26, 2005 at 3:20:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shouldn't the word "nucular" be in there somewhere?!

 
At April 27, 2005 at 1:30:00 PM EDT, Blogger fausto said...

Maybe it should, maybe it shouldn't. On the one hand, the Vatican isn't a nucular power. On the other, it is the nuculus of the Catholic church.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home